Friday, August 7, 2009

Sorry for the Lapse, Something about my Mom

Dear Friends,
As many of you know, my mother died on July 28 at 2:00 AM. She had not been feeling well as of late, and the disease and its consequent infection caused her death. It's ironic that my prior post comes from the Wembley Stadium memorial concert for Freddie Mercury, especially Seal's rendering of "Who Wants to Live Forever", but these are just a few of the many things I can't control.

My mother was a wonderful lady, a good mother, and a great counsel. She was funny and smart. She was a role model for many of the things I want to be as I grow up. Time will tell.

Thanks to everyone who offered a prayer. Thanks to everyone who dropped a note or sent a card. May grace and peace be with you all.

In Christ's loving arms, Paul

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear of your loss. God's blessings can carry you through the most difficult of times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. susan and I have been thinking about you...and have missed seeing you. All the usual and not quite satisfying words of condolence...we are sorry for your loss. God bless, Bud.

    ReplyDelete