Sunday, February 14, 2010

Big Questions-Big Answers

I don't recall what I was watching on the tube the other day, but I saw this collage of questions asked to President Obama. The last question was by Bob Schieffer from CBS News asking, "Was your agenda too ambitious?" What I was watching did not share the President's answers to these questions, so I don't know what followed. But let me try.

I would want the President-ANY President-to answer the question saying, "Hell yes!" We must demand ambition from those who lead this country. We must demand people who seek to serve this nation, and by extension the world, present us with a reason to vote for them rather than against their opponent.

If there is no ambition among our politicians, we all might as well move to Nevada where the "None" option exists on the ballot.

Big questions are important, but give me an audaciously big answer to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment