Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Naming Time

Marie and I were out of town last weekend. We had lunch at the McDonalds in Conway, Arkansas, just off of I-40. As with many other Mickey D's, they give you the cup and you dispense your own drinks.

Well, there was a sign on the machine, "Free refills apply only to the same visit." This made me wonder how many people came in with skanky old cups for their millionth refill. Ick!

On a similar note, the cup of my Mickey D Sweet Tea came with a coupon for a free smoothie on my next visit. The coupon itself also had this little note that defined next visit as "being at least two hours after the visit where you got the coupon." I guess this way you can't peel the coupon off of the cup and get a free drink immediately, you have to return.

A free refill is good on the same visit which ends when you leave the restaurant. The next visit can't come until at least two hours later. So McDonalds has defined a sort of "no-man's land" of time between visits.

So, what shall we call this period of time? I propose "tweener-time" but I hope someone can do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment