Thursday, October 14, 2010

Unpacking

Friends,
Unpacking has been the theme of the last two weeks. The kitchen is almost unpacked and the bathrooms have most of their stuff in them. The master bedroom has some boxes, but most of the important ones have been unloaded... that is the ones that have been found have been unpacked.

That's the thing about packing, finding the stuff to unpack it is nearly as difficult. It wasn't until yesterday that I found my Presbyterian Worship Planner Volume 2 (on CD-ROM) in a box at the church. Though I still haven't found the pictures I hang in the office; and God knows what I'm going to do with twelve more boxes of files and stuff now that the bookshelves are full.

The other things that are becoming unpacked is life in Marshall. The annual Fire Ant Festival was last weekend and there's a wedding this weekend (Congrats Marla and Robbie!). I have a conference in Fort Worth around the corner and meetings with the folks who do worship, hospitality, and stewardship on the horizon. Just to put one more piece of love on the marquee, I will be installed as Minister of Word and Sacrament on November 7th.

But you know what else I have, I have Georgia practicing the organ in the background and there's something wonderful in hearing her play "My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less" knowing that it is true, our hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' hope and righteousness.

It will be some time before we finish unpacking. There will be some stuff we will throw away and more that we will put in the storage shed in the backyard, but as we do, we have hope, and it is a wonder.

Share and Enjoy, Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment