Monday, November 8, 2010

Suffering in Dallas

God I love football, and I love it when coaches and owners speak, because they say some of the funniest things I've ever heard. ESPN reports that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is not happy with his teams fifth straight loss which drops the 'Boys to 1-7 overall. Jerry says...

"There are a lot of people here who are certainly going to suffer and suffer consequences." I guess that's good because I wouldn't want them to suffer from dandruff or something like that.

"I'm talking about within the team -- players, coaches who have got careers." I guess Jerry decided that the fans, the media, and the people of Indonesia have suffered enough.

"I think unquestionably that our expectations were thinking we're something we were not, possibly looking at what might be relative to a Super Bowl." First, is there a verb in this sentence? Considering the sentence structure "think" doesn't count. Second, what is the relative to "a Super Bowl?" The way the 'Boys have been playing I'm not going to go to that joke, it's just too mean and way too easy.

"I've got a lot of work to do, got a lot of decisions to make. And it's not just one, two, three or four. There are several decisions." and later "I can't put my finger on it because I don't have enough fingers." I guess that to Jerry "several" is a number greater than ten.

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry... Nice melt down.

No comments:

Post a Comment