Saturday, May 16, 2009

An Example of How My Father Was Right

In my last blog, I talked about my Dad and Family Systems Theory. Let me just point out that even though I thought his decision about not sharing all of his family was not good for the family, he wasn't always wrong. He told all of us to wear underwear.

Embedded video from CNN Video

So this girl gets her yearbook and discovers that she is on display for all to see. The School says it's not her euphemism, it's a shadow. Her mother says the school should recall and republish the yearbook. The girl says that she didn't wear panties to school that day because she didn't want panty lines.

Forget about asking why she was allowed to leave the house without panties! It's the obvious question, but I think there is one better. Shouldn't we be asking someone why a high school junior is wearing something to school that causes her to worry about panty lines?

High school sure has changed since I graduated almost 30 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment