Monday, May 11, 2009

Because Common Sense Isn't So Common

Once, long ago, as many of you know, I managed a bar in Westport, the party area of Kansas City. The night that KU won the NCAA Men's College Basketball Tournament at Kemper Arena in Kansas City, a man left the deck of my bar and went onto the roof of the bar next door. I followed him, and with his back turned to me, I saw the tell-tale sign of a man unzipping his jeans. So I say, "Hey, you can't uninate off of the roof of The Lone Star."

He said, "Well I didn't see a sign that said I couldn't."

Marie told me on Saturday that it is now illegal in Boston to operate a train and send a text message at the same time. I have one question and one answer:

Q: Do we really need a law against this? I mean do we really need it?

A: Obviously we do.

Friends, it is time to look beyond the ends of our noses and see that there are some things that we can do that we shouldn't. As St. Paul once said, "All things are legal for me, but not all things are beneficial."

Now only if banks and instestment speculators would get the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment