Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dez Bryant and the NFL, Chapter Two

A couple of weeks ago, I posted this blog about Dallas Cowboy's Rookie Dez Bryant and hazing in the NFL. In short, I wrote that Bryant should have said what he was going to do, not what he wasn't going to do.

Also, if he wanted to do it with swagger, swag away.

Well, Roy Williams finally got Dez Bryant "paid back" for his "disrespect," and it cost in the neighborhood of $55,000. Follow the ESPN link here. Oh well, it could have been worse.

On another note, some of the comments on the article say that he should have donated that money to a food bank or other sort of place. Well, I just want to say, and as a minister you might expect that I would say, he should donate more than just $55K to a food bank or a homeless shelter or a battered women's shelter or his church or the United Way or to his college or to folks who can use it to make life better. As for where the donations are to go, sure, I have my own ideas about giving, I just hope he does give.

No comments:

Post a Comment