Thursday, September 23, 2010

Now that'll work...

My wife was feeling a little irregular a while ago, so her mother sent this "recipe" to help take care of that:
Mix together:
1 Cup apple sauce
1 Cup coarse unprocessed bran
3/4 Cup prune juice

Mixture will be like a thick paste
Refrigerate in a covered container

Take in the evening for a morning BM
Increase bran mix by two table spoons each week until BM's are regular
Always take one glass of water with mixture

A diet high in fiber and drinking at least 6-8 glasses of water daily can also help with bowel management during the recovery period.
Let's just say that my name for this concoction sounds a lot like "Weapon of Mass Destruction." My wife also noted that the whole "increase bran mix by two table spoons each week" was highly unnecessary.

This is the sort of mix that takes Jamie Lee Curtis' yogurt and leaves it in the dust.

I am not a doctor nor do I play one on television. I received this information and share it in a humorous vein. As with all "medical" advice, please contact your doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment