Thursday, December 26, 2013

Millstones and Milestones

The reason I call this blog "There's a Fat Man in the Bath Tub with the Blues" is because it's the title of one of my favorite songs by Little Feat. I love the version you will find on the right side of the screen. I love the version on the live album (sorry, album, old school) "Waiting for Columbus" too. But let's face it, it's also sort of an anthem for fat guys everywhere.

Now here's some good news! I have lost 100 pounds. Yes, I'm still a Fat Man, but the blues are on the run--and it's a good feeling. Today for the first time in a couple of months I did my full mile-and-a-half circuit walk and did it at 3 mph! It's not like long ago when I walked the Bolder Boulder, but it's a part of a good start.

I joked that my weight loss regimen has been poverty, mental illness and exercise. Well, we're still broke and I'm still looking for work here in Marshall and around the country. I'm coping with my illness well right now and taking the steps to make sure that continues, and I am getting good exercise. It's getting better.

I still have a ways to go, but I know I am on the path. I have passed some milestones and dropped some millstones and it feels good. New Year's resolutions? Not for me. It's time to make real change take a hold. Thanks be to God!

On a side note, Pastor Paul recommends Sports Tracker for Android to track distance and pace. It allows you choose your workout--walk, run, cycling, hiking, mountain hiking, roller skating, downhill skiing, Nordic skiing, paddling, rowing, or golf. You can pick your own activity where in many applications you have to download one for walking and one for running and one for so on and so forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment