Sunday, April 26, 2009

New Word Alert!

You read it here next (not first) yesterday: Blognore, it's my new word. In truth it has existed online since April 2006, or that's where I found it in a google search. Hence, I must give credit to the oldest citation of "blognore" I can find on the Internet, the Deep_Thoughts blog by The_Girl_From_Ipanema.

Blognore, verb: "to ignore something by not blogging about it."
Example, Mike Tyson said he could understand Chris Brown hitting his girlfriend, R&B singer Rihanna. Does the universe really require additional comment on comments this stupid from someone who abused his wife and did time for rape? I say no. Chris Brown-Dummy. Mike Tyson-Convicted Dummy. I blognore you. Next.
This is the way I use to blognore. Of course, by creating this example, I have effectively not blognored. Darn it! To blognore properly, no one can ever be really sure you have blognored at all.

T_G_F_I uses the verb to mean "to ignore someone and/or the work of someone in the blogosphere." Another wonderful definition. Her blog uses this context:

Gaurav,
You are a horrible fellow! I will "blognore" you. Yes, doing better, thanks for asking.

This can lead to other great words like, blognorance.

Blognorance, noun: The quality of knowledge and information created by the blogosphere.

Example: Me commenting on Middle East peace policy and its ramifications in world oil markets would add significantly to the quality and quantity of blognorance in the world.

Just for more useless information, this morning the word "blognore" generates eight hits on Google, "blognorance" gets 157 hits. Together we can make this happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment