Saturday, April 11, 2009

Thanks be to God for Those Who Help

Last night, after the Tennebrae Service, Marie and I went to Sonic. (Who ever thought of putting a Frito Pie in a tortilla should get the Nobel prize for gluttony!) Getting ready to leave, the XTerra would not start. Yes, the brand spanking new-used vehicle died.

Fortunately, our Sonic is next door to an auto parts store. I told the guy I had a dead battery so he handed me a charger. Well, it didn't have the juice to turn over the truck. So our car-hop came out of the restaurant and asked if I needed a jump. She said if I had cables, she could give it a go. I have cables so it was off to the races.

As she pulled up to the truck, a guy in an H-3 jumped out to help. I hooked up the dead one and he hooked up the live one and Marie turned the thing over. Hooray! Praise God! By this time, the auto parts guy was looking for his porta-battery and took it back to the store. He didn't even try to sell me a battery!

Today, it started right up, but I took it to another auto parts store in town. They charged it and checked it and it was dead. So they sold me a battery and cable grease and so on. The sales guy even helped me install it in their parking lot. That's service!Now it starts and runs like a champ.

Why did I go to another auto parts store, becuase if the sales guy didn't want my money last night, he wasn't going to get another shot, especially since his porta-battery didn't work. This is where I recomment AutoZone and not mention the other store. (No, it wasn't WalMart.)

I also want to thank the guy who jumped out of the H-3. But the biggest thanks goes to the waitress who pulled her truck around to jump mine. Yes, she did get an extra tip.

Thanks again to everyone who helped last night and this morning. Praise be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment