Thursday, April 30, 2009

Amendment B Fails

For a bit of background, please refer to this post: 110th Mmeeting of the Arkansas Presbytery.

Presbyterian Outlook Magazine has reported that the Presbyterian Church (USA) has defeated Amendment B, the amendment allowing ordination and installation of GLBT Deacons, Elders, and Ministers of Word and Sacrament.

What do I say about this? I say that the sun will rise tomorrow. I say that this should come as no great shock. I say that I am disappointed, but this will not change the fact that the church I serve will remain a part of the Presbyterian Church (USA).

Again, let me quote the Reverend Jeff Parker of First Rogers, Arkansas quoting the Book of Ruth telling the assembly, "Regardless of the outcome 'Where you go, I will go; where you lodge, I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God my God.'"

Straight, gay, ordained, lay, we are all the children of God. Siblings don't always get along, but we can never forsake nor be forsaken by God our Father. That is where our joy must be, not in the outcome of any amendment to the Book of Order. Peace be with us all and God bless us everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment