Monday, June 22, 2009

Feeling Uneasy in my Mid-40's



All right, I didn't see this until the CMT Music Awards youtube feed on some cable news website last week. This upload is five months old, so this is nothing new to those of you who watch CMT's Crossroads program. But this is my first look, so let me rant and reminisce.

I remember when "Pour Some Sugar on Me" came out 20-some years ago. The stories of Def Leppard's debauchery were legendary. These guys put on a show on the stage and under the stage there was an entirely different version of the show...if you know what I mean.

So now, 20 years later, a girl who could have been conceived to this tune sings it on stage with the band. According to the article I read, her parents were DL fans and she was born in December 1989, so my conception suspicion may not be so far fetched.

The devil and angel on my shoulders are screaming, "Oh what these boys would have done to a tiny 19-year old in a mini dress and boots back in the day" countered with the grain that screams "Oh my God, I could have a daughter her age now, I would never let my little girl come to a Def Leppard show, and she's on stage with them."

I think every 18 year old boy knows half of what I mean and every 40 year old man knows exactly what I mean.

Damn, I'm just getting older and I'm not that old. Again I say, we mock what we are to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment