Monday, June 8, 2009

Ironic Iconic

Today I had a fortune cookie with my breakfast (really, I did). It read: "It is a sunny day."

Well, let me tell you, there is a 50% chance of thunderstorms at my house. There is a good chance that some of those storms will have hail. I have all ready heard thunder. There's a storm cell bearing down on us from Oklahoma. The temp is 72 and 66 is the dew point. In short, the meteorologist would not call this a sunny day.

Still, I am reminded of the old Steeley Dan lyric, "When the demon is at your door, In the morning he won't be there no more, Any major dude will tell you, Any major dude will tell you."

Always darkest before the dawn. There's thunder on the horizon and it is a sunny day. I guess it's all in what you're looking at and looking for. Or maybe what you're looking at. There is good to be had. Somewhere, it is a sunny day. That is where hope lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment