Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Voyeur Nation

This post is subtitled "John and Kate Separate."

A nation of voyeurs, maybe that's what we have been since the 1950's or since the first cavemen gossiped over the campfire, but that's what we are--a nation of voyeurs. The most popular "oh my God, have you heard" is the continuing saga of John and Kate. Nobody wants my take, so here it is.

Without TV, their lives would have been very different. There's a belief that you change the outcome of an event by measuring it, I wish I could remember the source on that one. In the realm of human relationships, I think this is an example of truth in that statement. Their life together changed dramatically because it was recorded and then dissected like a frog by a bored 9th grade biology student.

J&K, I hope y'all find happiness and I hope you put away a chunk of change for the kids' therapy bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment