Thursday, March 3, 2011

Grace Presbytery Meets Edition 2011.1

On Friday, Grace Presbytery begins its first meeting of the year with the business of the Presbytery.  Then on Saturday, it will move into the business of the denomination.  This is the meeting where we will vote on the proposed amendments to the Book of Order.

God help us all.

So as we prepare, please pray for us.  Don't pray for one side or another to win.  I'm getting sick and tired of winning and losing, especially when it comes to interpretation of the word of God and what that means to us and the world.  Yes, voting on God is the way we do things, but the attitude of winning and losing causes too much pain to be a joy to God.

So this is what I would have us all pray, I pray for peace.  I pray for grace.  I pray for strong yet civil words.  I pray for sound biblical and theological discussion on the topic of the amendments, not flying off into cries of fear, rage, or schism.  I pray for (sorry Melinda) discernment.

I pray that we will all seek God's will and not the will of our own hearts, or worse, the word of some monolithic special interest organization.  Oh, if you represent any monolithic special interest organization, I'm talking about you.  I'm an equal opportunity annoyer that way.

May the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the grace of God, and the power of the Holy Spirit be with us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment