Friday, March 27, 2009

In Memorium--Dan Seals

Marie told me this morning that Dan Seals died, I think she said lymphoma. Seals was a pop singers in the late 70's in the duo "England Dan and John Ford Coley." In the 80's and beyond he was a solo country artist as Dan Seals.

About fifteen years ago or so, Seals played a rodeo in Las Animas, Colorado; about 30 miles from where I lived in Lamar. One of my best friends, Cory Alan Lopez, was wording for the radio station and went out to interview him for the news.

Cory asked: "So, which is better? England Dan or Dan Seals?"

Seals just looked at Cory first in amazement and then with a smile. Dan Seals said, "I have been asked that question a million times, and that's the best way anyone has ever asked."

Sorry, I don't remember the answer.

RIP Dan Seals.
Lopes, give me a shout.

No comments:

Post a Comment