Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Yes, It's Broken

No, this isn't more about my car, this is the health care system.

I heard on the news that on Saturday the Republican response to President Obama's radio address included some observations about the health care system, particularly the insurance system.

The man who gave the response invoked the words "Socialized Medicine" while talking about the plan. He also said that the Democratic Party way of doing business is to "find something that works and fix it."

With all due respect (By the way, have you ever noticed that when "all due respect" is offered it is followed by less respect than the object of the remark might think is due?) with all due respect to the Congressman who dropped that bomb--I invite you to trade insurance with me for a couple of months and see how it works for you.

I have a good health insurance plan. I really do. But I am broke because of the way hospitals and insurance companies deal with one another. My paperwork gets lost and misfiled and the wrong codes go one way and the other. My part-time job is to jump through the paperwork hoops to pay medical bills! I just bet his plan is a little better--and he's got a staff to take care of the BS that goes with the paper.

Let us trade places, I bet I'll like his plan better than he likes mine.

That goes 1,000 fold for folks who can't afford insurance. People without insurance rightfully wonder what I'm complaining about.

No comments:

Post a Comment