Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaguration Day

So as we celebrate Inaguration Day, I posted two church signs. On Monday, it said "Pray for President Bush." At 11:00 (Noon eastern) I changed the sign to "Pray for President Obama."

It is important that we should pray for our leaders, whether you worked hard to elect them or the other candidates. John McCain said it best, "he is my president." Sure, McCain would have rather he had been elected president, but that wasn't in the stars. His attitude is a good one for those whose candidate lost this year, and the one for whose candidate looses four years from now--be they Republican or Democrat.

Partisan politics means there is a winner and a loser. My momma always told me not to be a sore loser or gloat when I win. Sportsmanship is important-especially when the stakes are higher than a plastic trophy.

Congrats President Obama, I will pray for you--and President Bush too.

No comments:

Post a Comment