Friday, January 2, 2009

Bowl Me Over

I love football. Pro, college, pee wee, I love football. Baseball has my heart and soul, but football has my voice. But there is too much of a good thing.

College Bowls--I really have come to hate most of bowl season. There is honestly so much that going bowling isn't as special as it once was. Starting in 1902 with "The Grand Daddy of them All," The Rose Bowl, and rolling down to 2008's newest bowls, The EagleBank Bowl and The St. Petersburg Bowl; this year there are a total of 33 bowl games. This means 66 out of the 132 (give or take a school or two). Half go to a bowl game. It kind of makes special take a back seat to ordinary.

On top of that, the bowl season isn't going to end until January 8th! I remember the first time the bowl season didn't end on January 1st, and how scandalous that was.

Throw in nine college football All-Star games and we have a new record.

Yes, I love college football, but this is getting silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment