Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hogs Win?

Failing to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, the Razorbacks beat #20 Auburn on Saturday evening. Now, what I say here makes me just like the sports fans I talked about earlier in the week (see my October 6 post), but the Hogs won ugly. They won, but they won ugly.

Arkansas accrued 416 yards of offense to Auburn's 193 and the Razorbacks only won by 3 points. Auburn's longest touchdown drive was 24 yards, but they still hung 22 points on the Hogs. The UofA was ahead only 6:23 in the whole game, but it was the last 6:10 that mattered; and they had to put together two final defensive stands to make that stand.

A win is a win, but this one was ugly.

On another note, Mitch MuSTAIN, former Springdale Bulldog/University of Arkansas glory boy and current University of Southern California bench warmer got into the Trojan game against Arizona State and netted a whole zer0 yards. Good game Mitch!

1 comment:

  1. Well, Sir, I am in Hickory NC and out of Razorback territory but I admonish you to BE NICE to Mitch! He had a hard row to hoe here in AR.

    By the way, I've been talking up your sign. A couple from Mountain Home "had to see it" and made a special trip over. I think you should send a pic to the papers!

    ReplyDelete