Friday, October 24, 2008

Sad Political Marketing

Let me begin saying, yes, I am a registered Democrat. So let me say as an "insider" to those "on the inside" bad marketing is just plain sad. Barack Obama's political organization is called:

OBAMA FOR AMERICA

You'll find this tag at the bottom of his webpage and I am sure on other literature. Unfortunately, this reminds me a little too much of:

BARTLET
FOR
AMERICA

I enjoyed "The West Wing." Bravo just repeated the episode where Matt Santos won the Democratic nomination after giving his "vote for the candidate who shares your values" speech. (Regardless of the candidates you support, this is very good advice.)

Still, I don't think a candidate's slogan/organization name should be so close to a TV show that it needs a footnote.

If this is how I see it, imagine how Republican Wonks see it. Of course, Obama has used this for months and months and Bill O'Reilly hasn't seemed to pick it up. Am I the only one who sees this stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment