Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

In one of my former lives, I managed a bar in the Westport district of Kansas City, Missouri. The holiday I hated worse than any of the others was Halloween. New Years Eve was amateur night, real partiers went to someone else's house. St. Pat's was a zoo, but it was also like preparing for the Olympics, you knew it was going to be stupid and took months getting ready for it. Still, Halloween was something else.

On Halloween, people would dress up like someone else to be stupid. People would say to the bouncer, "C'mon, don't you recognize me?" The only thing to say in response was, "No, and wasn't that the idea of the costume?"

I guess it did make for some interesting mug shots. Be safe tonight. In the mean time, here's a bit of classic Warren Zevon found by Char.




No comments:

Post a Comment