Sunday, October 26, 2008

Let me recommend a movie...

If you have never seen the Johnny Knoxville movie "The Ringer" I recommend it. It is a very sweet movie about a man who tries to fix the Special Olympics. By the way, if this premise doesn't offend you, I haven't explained it well enough. It is about a man who tries to fix the Special Olympics.

Don't worry , it's really a sweet movie and was made in full cooperation with Texas Special Olympics. The DVD extras really bring out this partnership; and the bloopers are outrageous!

It was shot in Austin and San Marcos, Texas and in one scene, the lead character played by Knoxville goes to make confession. The exterior of the church where Knoxville makes his confession is actually the chapel at Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary where I went to seminary.

What I loved about this scene is knowing that I preached in that chapel three times. If you want to see what it looks like, follow this link.

1 comment:

  1. You do know that this movie is based on a true story... Hard to believe isn't it?

    funny and sad..

    ReplyDelete