Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fall Back Tonight

My favorite "Day Light Savings Time" story is, as it often is, a story of misspent youth.

My high school drama department did three shows a year. A play in the fall, another in the spring, and the big winter musical. When I was a senior, the last night of the fall play was the same night Day Light Savings Time ended. Of course there was a cast party which lasted long into the night.

The next morning when I woke, I went to the kitchen and said "hi" to my mom. She then asked me, "What time did you get home last night?" Without hesitation I told her, "3 AM." But she wasn't done with me.

"Honey," she asks again, "which 3 AM?" Again, I told her without hesitation, "The second time."

She then says, "That's right."

Either I was thinking or I was thinking out loud: "So why did you ask?" Either way, I don't remember an answer, but I do remember a sly smile on her face.

Love you Mom.

Be sure to set your clocks back one hour before going to bed tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment