Friday, November 14, 2008

Are People Really So Different?

All right, so I'm watching "Deal or No Deal" while the laundry finishes up in the dryer (oh, all right, while Marie finishes up the laundry) and the guy on stage is pacing back and forth while Howie tells him his options ad nausium. What's so different between this and every other episode of "Deal or No Deal?" The guy was in a wheelchair.

I don't know his story, all I know is that the $1,000,000 case is still on the board and he's pacing. How does a parylized man pace? Back and forth, like everyone else paces. It was a thought that had never ever crossed my mind, but here it is. La voila!

A couple of years ago, a member of the chruch told me "Louie (not his real name) says I go to church enough for both of us." What pastor hasn't heard a church lady deliver that line? Me, I heard it from another man. I heard it from his partner.

I ask you whether we pace or love, are people really so different?

It took Sting to remind us "the Russians love their children, too."

No comments:

Post a Comment