Friday, November 28, 2008

How 'bout Them Hogs!?!

Well, I was shocked to see the Razorbacks pull out a 31-30 victory in the "Battle for the Boot," truly amazed.

Frankly, the Hogs looked great while the Bayou Bengals looked lousy in the 1st and 4th quarters. In the 2nd and 3rd it was vice versa. In the end, the difference came down to one missed field goal in the first quarter and a boat load of penalties in the final quarter by LSU.

Casey Dick looked great in the second half, unfortunately by that time, it looked like some sections of War Memorial Stadium were looking a little light. (Whoops go the fair weather fans!)

In the end, the Hogs end the season 5-7, beating two ranked teams (Auburn and Tulsa-LSU wasn't ranked but were close) and losing to teams they should have beaten (Mississippi State, Kentucky).

I am still a Huston Nutt fan, but I believe Bobby Petrino was reamed by the national media last year coming to Arkansas. This year's team did better than I expected, which is why nobody trusts me to pick their holiday bowl pool anymore. That and a really bad showing in 1988.

Consistency is an issue, whether against teams they should beat (Miss St) or quarter to quarter (LSU). They have the blocks to build upon for the future and I hope they do.

Skip, I hope you stayed for the whole game!

image copyright Arkansas Athletics

2 comments:

  1. What can I say...except that I will pray for you. And for the Skipper, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I didn't miss a play!

    ReplyDelete